- All Gals on this web site are US Gallons.(divide by 1.20 for Imp Gals)
- All Bushels on this web site are US Bushels.(40 lbs apples)=
1.25 cubic ft or 35.25 Lts
- Both Gals and Bushels are volume measures not weights,(different fruits weigh differently)
- To convert US Gals to Lts multiply by 3.785. Imp Gals to Lts multiply by 4.54.
- To convert Lbs to Kg's divide by 2.2.
- A "Home
Depot" 5 Gal plastic pail has a volume of 19 Lt (approx 25 Lbs apples)
- A 15 Lt "Home Hardware" plastic pail
will hold approx 14 Lbs apples.
- 100 lbs (45 Kg) of apples yields approximately 25-26 Lts of juice.
- 4 std milk crates holds about
100 Lbs of fruit, and has a volume of 1550 Cubic ins ( or 25.4 Liters)
- 5 - 5 gallon buckets hold about 100 Lbs of fruit.
- 100 Lbs of whole fruit occupies about 90-95 Lts of tote or box volume.
- The standard ferment volume for a U-Brew is 6.0 US Gal or 23
Lts or 5 Imp Gal. (4.0 Milk Crates of fruit).
- 100 lbs of fruit will provide enough juice for a 6 US Gal "U-Brew" of
cider, perry or wine.
- If you elect to take home your pommace (pressed fruit pulp) please bring suitable plastic bags/boxes/totes
etc sized at min 60% of delivered whole fruit volume.
- A Milk Crate of wine grapes (36 lbs) will reduce to 10-11
Lts of vol after being crushed and destemmed.
- A Milk Crate of table grapes (36 lbs) will reduce to 7-10 Lts of
vol after being crushed and destemmed.
- 5 Imp gallons (23 Lts) of wine grape skins (primary ferment cap is approx 50% free
juice) will yield 14 -15 Lts.
- 100 lbs wine grapes (3 MC's) yields 7-10 Gals fermentable pulp giving 6-8 US Gals of finished
- A regular Banana Box (19" x 16" x 10") = 1.90 Milk Crates about 45 to 55 lbs of apples.
of full Rubbermaid Totes
Approx Wt of Apples
- 14 Gal (53.0Lts) = 2.15 Milk Crates x $4.80 =$10.32 (56.0 lbs)
- 18 Gal
(68.0Lts) = 2.76 Milk Crates x $4.80 =$13.25 (72.0 lbs)
- 25 Gal (97.0 lts) = 3.94 Milk
Crates x $4.80 = $18.90 (102.0 lbs)
The start 2006
Vineyard under development 2010-
note use of our plentiful Merville stones and rocks as a heat sink
USEFUL INFORMATION FOR OUR CUSTOMERS
Apple Press & Cider House
Owners Rae & Frank Brett