- Scrumpy's is a small-sized family owned business offering fruit juice extraction of in-season customer apples, pears, quinces, grapes
and other soft fruits.
- Our business is primarily targeted on small to medium-sized pressing loads with no order being
too small. We also offer in-season grape crushing, destemming and pressing for the amateur wine maker.
- We can process a maximum of 4000 Lbs (1800 Kg) of fruit per day.
- If we reach capacity prior to your arrival we can off load your
fruit and press first thing the next morning.
- Our regular public days (Thurs thru Mon) are on a first come, first served basis.
- Our non-public days, Tues & Wed, are available by prior arrangement for processing grapes or larger top fruit
(apples/pears) orders of 500 - 4000 Lbs.
- Customers are required to bring their own clean stoppered juice containers with their
fruit (minimum container size 4.0 Lts min up to 3 MC order, recommended maximum 25 Lts, above this and it may be too heavy
for you to safely offload at home),
- Normally we compost your fruit pulp and return it to our land, if you
want your own pulp please ask us (please see info page for container sizing).
- Unless instructed otherwise all pressings are
kept separate so each customer receives only their juice. Please note better tasting juice is often attained with a mixture of customers'
fruit; we will ask you about this at the time of your fruit delivery.
- We open early to allow drop off before work or simply
to clear much of your day.
- By prior arrangement you can pick up juice or deliver fruit outside normal opening days/hours.
- Each season we have a limited quantity of West Country English cider apples for sale.
- If you wish we can telephone you the
moment your juice is pressed and ready for pickup.
- Customers may wish to view this site for more information.
Apple Press & Cider House
Owners Rae & Frank Brett